Samuel Chen

Preview the Ultimate Computation Environment–Now for Finance

March 22, 2012 — Samuel Chen, Technical Communication & Strategy

Wolfram Finance Platform Virtual Workshop 2012

Computation has always been at the center of what Wolfram does… but finance hasn’t been, at least not until now.

In recent months, the team has been taking our ultimate computation environment and specializing it for finance.

It’s amazing some of the results our technology readily achieves in this domain–whether it’s a user-customizable market data explorer of Bloomberg data feeds, financial derivative valuations with GPUs, or automated reporting with interactivity.

We’re previewing the Wolfram Finance Platform at our March 27 virtual conference with an introduction from Conrad Wolfram. Join us!

This virtual event will be held on Tuesday, March 27, at the following times:
* 8–11:30am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT); 1–4:30pm British Summer Time (BST)
* Repeat session: 1–4:30pm EDT; 6–9:30pm BST

Virtual seats are limited–see the event schedule and register today!

Posted in: Finance

Eric Friedman

Please RSVP me, thanks.

Posted by Eric Friedman    March 22, 2012 at 1:51 pm
Seth Chandler

Could I beg and plead for one additional showing that would occur in the evening in most of the United States. I would love to watch this, but my day job is doing to make it difficult.

Posted by Seth Chandler    March 22, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Videos of the conference will be available on demand quickly following the conference.

Posted by Wolfram Blog    March 23, 2012 at 9:28 am
steven

Can I beg for just posting a video? The thing about the internet is it has no business hours. It’s available 24/7, so there’s no really good reason that someone has to watch a video at a certain time.

Please stop the webinar madness and just post the video for people to see. (Yes, I signed up but I’m not going out of my way to make the time to watch it)

Posted by steven    March 26, 2012 at 12:32 pm
steven

One other (hard) request: Mathematica for iPad please. I realize how hard this will be, but it will be appreciated.

Keep up the good work guys, looking forward to the finance platform.

Posted by steven    March 26, 2012 at 12:35 pm
Michael Stern

There’s no way I can participate at either of those times, and I hope you host another event before long.

I’m glad that Wolfram is paying attention to the finance community but there need to be improvements both in the core functions of Mathematica and in add-on packages before it becomes any kind of standard tool.

Posted by Michael Stern    March 26, 2012 at 8:07 pm